Hook That Book

Often when I look at my ‘to-read’ list, I wonder if one life is enough to read all the books one wants to read; all the books that one should read. There are so many genres, so many writers, so many languages, classics, new works which are all worth a read. So much to read, so little time!
                   And that’s why I feel you don’t have to act plucky and finish what you started. Even after every voice inside you say that you don’t want to. Life is too short to read a book that is unable to grasp your interest even by the second chapter. Mind you, it might be someone else’s favorite. But accept that it’s not working for you.
                   May be it doesn’t have what you are looking for. When I choose a book, I look for deep stuff. Something that moves me for days, something that doesn’t comes and goes just like that. I must laugh with the characters and cry with them too. I must feel their joys and pains like I do my own. I must learn from them, through them.. about emotions, about people, about situations, about life.
                   For me, that book passes with distinction, in which after reading every chapter, having learnt enough, I hold the book, stare at nothing and be able to say “Yes, This.”


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts