Travel to Feel, Not to See

I like to travel, alone. I will wake up when I want to; get dressed the way I like; will never visit the famous place. Everyone does that. What is unique in it? When I go to a place, I want to explore, I want to take that road I feel is calling me. I want to see how people live, what they eat, what they wear, what they speak, their joys, their sorrows.
          I want to see what is it still remaining to achieve;  what is it all I never even cared to be grateful for having. When I visit a place, I will not go to the biggest coffee shop; but that shop at the corner of the street where people like to have their evening tea. I might not be a tea drinker, but then I won’t be going there for tea. It will be for the essence of the place that draws people to itself.
         And in those corners, you always end up finding yourselves, for what you still can be. For me, to travel is to explore the different perspectives of life. If you are there just to visit that famous spot; let me tell you, you are just seeing what was and what is, but never what can be!


 
Image by: Shubhi Gakhar 

Comments

  1. Gaurisha Malhotra28 June 2015 at 04:17

    Kudos to you! A theme well thought after!
    I would travel as far as to the mountains to feel the freezing air entering my nostrils and reaching my chest, making me shiver till my back starts aching. Mere view would not be enough to quench the thirst of my senses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that! something that will always stay with us long after we have returned. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Till now I thought these things can't b expressed in words .. #lol
    Very well written though :) :)
    Looking forward to more of your posts (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice ....
    How would the trip to Sri Lanka been different in case you had gone alone w/o change in itinerary...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For that I must say, it would have been dull.. that too is one of the lessons learnt.. not 'me' but 'us' :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts