The College Saga

Some might have passed through this stage and some might still be sharing the scene. The scene of being marked an ‘average’ student because you couldn't perform your life’s best in those three hours of the examination.
         When everyone used to say that “your life depends on these board exams”; I hardly ever cared. May be I was trying to be the biggest fan of Thomas Edison because of his quote that “tomorrow is my exam, but I don’t care, because a single sheet of paper can’t decide my future”. May be a single sheet of paper couldn't,  but those many sheets of paper did decide my future.
            Class XII board results came and I realized that I scored less. Less, not because they were actually low; but because as they say it ‘ you should have at least 95%  if you want to get into a good college. Or just keep aside your dreams of being in the front seat and changing the world’.
            The days to follow, had quite a similar routine. My mother waking me up yelling “if you would have a worked a little harder, we wouldn't have been facing this problem [of getting a good college]”. And I would simply say in my mind “ I couldn't do more than this. I listened to the teachers, I read the chapters and I understood them. I never learnt them.” But afraid to say, those who learnt them,  got their seats in 3-4 (good) govt. colleges, unlike me.

               When they made this a rule not to punish students or  introduced the CCE pattern in class X, to remove the load of studies from the students. They should have kept in mind that one is never ready to take back a load which was once taken from them; even if it is class XII. I’m not the first one to find flaws in the education system and not having any idea how to remove them. But for now, all I can think of is opening up some colleges based on the model of college conceptualized in F.A.L.T.U. movie and I certainly will.

Comments

Popular Posts